Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 42


Today we kicked it around the house trying to figure out homeschool. And I found myself daydreaming of years past...

As a young child I dreamed of being an anesthesiologist, never marrying and owning a pack of sled dogs that I could take out. My mother was very concerned that I loved my jeans and cleats. I loved school and babysitting but didn't so much want my own children.

As I got older I changed that silly old dream... I dreamed of being a doctor still... but ditching the dogs for a man a few children to mug on. However the two carreers didn't match up in my mind. I am sure that my mum spent much time on her knees trying to convince the Lord that I needed some direction!

Finally, when it was time to go to college I didn't want to be a doctor any more since I couldn't see how being a good doctor and being a devoted mother would go hand in hand... atleast for me... perhaps the medical field... nursing. And that is where it went... I found a man. I worked in the orthopedic surgery center. I had some kids.

The theme to this story is that I never wanted to be a school teacher. So how I found myself here is beyond me... I guess it goes along with the part about having a few kids and finding a man who knew exactly what his dreams were... and he found himself SMACk Dab on his dream.

Don't worry about us... we are liven' the dream.

No comments: