Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 21 farewell to Elder Plumb. 7 degrees from somebody!

This little experience has surprises for us every day! Tonight President Mecham had to meet with the senior missionary couple over the institute program here in Poland... He was givevn the assignment to call a member in the branch to teach that class. I love institute so I can't wait for that to start up! The Sims came from Warsaw bringing greetings from home! WHAT? We love greetings from home! Sister Sims is the cousin to one of our favoritest people... Dixie Wilson. Dixie is more like my 2nd mother. Her son, Mike and I are the same age. We are good friends but he is more like a brother! I loved playing at Mike's growing up... his mom always took us to Taco Time for yummy drinks and gave us the entire RITZ cracker pkg to eat out of. Dixie co-raised me until I was 12 when my parents moved us to AZ. But she visits annually in AZ and she hosted us at her Bear Lake retreat last summer. Her COUSIN is serving in Poland! WOW! A close Cousin! So I called Dixie and talked to her until 1 a.m. It was so fun! And I am certain that she is convinced to visit us here... atleast I am convinced she should come! Everywhere we go we know somebody who knows somebody we know. It is my FAVORITE part of this adventure! It makes me smile for days!



We took a run in the park again. Boy I must have amnesia every time I decide to take a running sebaticle... Why do I do that? I know that it is going to be painful to start up again so why why why do I do it? Painful... it was! Quads are crying. Lacey gave me a great work out program and when I can lift my leg to walk again without assistance I might try it out. For now, please send vanilla and a wheel chair. I can't freaken' walk! While I run, the kids play at the park.

Tonight Elder Plumb ate dinner with us for his last time. We will really miss him. He is being transfered on Thursday. When we go to Germany in October we can stop by in Poznan and see him before he heads back to the United States. Elder Plumb opened his birthday box from home at our house... and his beloved mother sent some AWESOME treats that he shared with us. Bless him!





Today I learned that the snails here live in trees. They have yellow and pink shells and I think they are pretty but I don't want to do anything but look at them... they feel so chewey and slimey. YUK!

3 comments:

Merilee said...

While the world might be 7 degrees apart, the mormon church is more like 4. Its insane how you can run into a member anywhere and within 5 minutes you will have a mutual friend. Too fun!

Singulus said...

Thanks so much for taking good care of our son, Elder Plumb, and for sharing the pictures and information about him. It has been an unexpected treat for us. Sorry we missed the phone call attempt. The message was buried in our phone mail until late in the day. We hope that your adventures there are filled with happiness!

Thanks again,

Bro. and Sis. Plumb

Singulus said...

And thanks for feeding him so often. :)