Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 37 A day in the park... tender mercies still coming our way.


The trees... they did it! They are changing colors! Glorious golds, reds and even browns... It is Autumn! And so we strolled through our favorite park checking out the leaves and watching the red squirrels chase each other around while getting ready for a loooooong winters nap! And it reminded us that we are blessed to be here and that though we have had a very difficult week full of wishes to be with friends and family, we are where we need to be and Heavenly Father is watching over us.


Merilee sent me a surprise for my birthday: Jelly Bellies... Bean Boozled! The kind where they look a like but really it is a surprise if you are eating barf or banana, canned dog food or chocoate pudding, moldy cheese or peach, rotton egg or popcorn, green goober or pear, stinky skunk or licorice, centipede or berry. So at the park I played a little trick on the children... it went down like this: Bailey took a berry jelly bean and popped it in while McKay went for the pear. Bailey quickly gagged and spit... stating with surety that she just ate a dirty leaf while McKay started hacking up goober. I just started gaggin. The thought had done me in. Cole didn't quite catch on yet and so he popped in barf... and that is when the children figured out that something was definately wrong with the jelly beans!



We decided to play the trick on old Papa Nate who was meeting us at home. He left work early to hang with us. It was planned out perfectly!
Me: "oh look! Merilee sent a pkg! She sent jelly bellies! I love these!"
Nate: "Those are good! I'm fired up! Lets party!"
Kids: "what are jelly bellies?"
Nate: "You've never tried jelly bellies?"
Me: "do you guys want some?"
everyone did... imagine that!
I let them each choose... nate took his favorite... yellow popocorn...
or was is rotton egg?
so we felt bad and gave him a strong black licorice bean to get rid of that aweful taste and so he didn't vomit! or was it stinky skunk? And then we all layed around laughing while he ran to the kitchen sink, burried his toungue under the faucet and begged for coke...
And so, feeling horrible, I gave him chocolate pudding... and he liked it and took a second choc pudding... or was it canned dog food? THREE STRIKES, Mr. Mecham... YOU ARE OUT!
Now we are going to play the trick on the missionaries. I can't wait to see their faces!

Today I closed my eyes and wished... but it didn't happen...
for double date night with the Dillards at our favorite eating establishments and then laughing off every calorie we ate by Andrew's sarcasim and JoDee's awesome combacks! Man... I wished hard! And it didn't come true... so I know I must be here for a reason. But if wishes were true I would've had a belly full of Thai and gelato that ached from laughing. I miss you!

Dad sold the van today. He, for many reasons, is still my hero! Thanks for all your efforts on our behalf and for always taking such good care of us no matter where we are. I love you.

1 comment:

Merilee said...

We played the jelly belly game at youth conference this year. I laughed so hard I peed. We play it with our friends often and it's funny EVERY SINGLE time! I would have loved to see the looks on their faces! Baahahahahaahahahah