Thursday, September 8, 2011

day 22 I don't feel like blogging today

I am sorry... I don't feel like blogging today. But for the sake of remembering:

1) went for a run... 3rd day in a row... I can no longer walk up and especially down stairs. Getting up from sitting position is completely out of the question and I LOATH the thought of hiking the 20 stairs upward to my bed or the 20 stairs down to my laundry room. Not much is going to get done around here. If my mind serves me right, this will last another 2-3 days. If I could convince my children to undress my bod and lower me into a hot tub for that time I think I might be okay... however damaging that might be to them...

2) I spent 2 1/2 hours with the kids on Polish classes today. It is amazing how their brains work. SPONGEY little organs... I am excited to report that it is a complete delight to see their faces light up when they get something right! Cole is the only one who used his Polish post classes today. The rest of us looked at each other trying to think of where we had heard those words before!

3) I don't know if it is a European thing, a position only Poland is taking, or if I choose every stinky watercloset on this side of the world... but I am yet to walk in to a clean public restroom. All the years of purse sized toilet seat covers that ever went in to my stocking would come in soooo handy around these parts. EVEN the church restrooms. So today I took the family to the church to clean. And I think the toilet whisteled at me when I was finished with it! Nevermind that I have burned my nostrils from cleaning fumes and can no longer smell the putrid aroma of those filthy loos! That bathroom sparkled like new bling! And I have only washed my hands 639 times since I got home in hopes that I didn't contract a fatal viral infection from not wearing gloves...

4)If you collect snails and put them in a jar and then put the jar on the kitchen counter you will loose your appetite and not eat the entire day. It works! Try it!

5) I don't know if I've accurately complained about my laundry position here yet... As you know, I have every right to complaine because not only do I have a super HOT front loader washer, but also a very lovely de-humidifer dryer... which very few Europeans have... And so I am completely in line with the next part of this #5...
It takes 2 hours to do one load of wash... which is really a 1/2 load of wash due to the size of my washer. I tell you what... it is annoying! But my clothing has never looked nicer! Sometimes I sit down on the couch in the laundry room and watch that thing work its magic on my clothing! And then it takes 2 hours to dehumidify my clothing which doesn't totally dry it... but it makes the fabric feel like perfectly fluffed chicky down. It is soft and lucious and smells so clean!
So it would seem that in 6 hours I could do 2 complete loads of laundry... but WRONG!!! Because the electric trips if I put the washer and dryer on at the same time.. therefore it takes 4 hours to do each load of laundry which means that in 1 good day I get 2 1/2 loads of laundry completed... WHICH REALLY MEANS that at this rate I will never catch up on laundry during my 18 month stay in Po land which means that I will be taking dirty suitcases of laundry home to wash JUST LIKE I DID IN COLLEGE! Good grief! I really don't have a complaint... I just find this humerous in about 15 different ways. Like take today for example: McKay wore one of Cole's shirts since his are all dirty... and when he lifted his arms at all it appeared as though he was wearing a half shirt... and I got a pretty good laugh out of that! He did not however.

Please excuse me now whilest I lean over and fall off this chair, roll to my side and then begin to crawl up the stairs to my bed. It is much easier to fall than make any motion with the legs.

A Happy Birthday to our little buddy... Ikey! We sure love you! Hope your day was great!

3 comments:

Merilee said...

Who doesn't love the foreign washers. Good times.

Anonymous said...

I about rolled over laughing! I had to read this post to my mom and she about fell out of her chair. She has felt your pain concerning the laundry issue.

Marja Liisa said...

It sounds like the foreign washers and dryers do treat your clothes better...but good gravy...I would go crazy!!