Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 26

While Mr. Mecham went to work today we decided to go to the lake and play. It is close to the house. We had no idea how fun the lake was going to be!
When we parked and got out of the car some psycho dude came up to us and mattered in Polish before he blew a huge puff of smoke right in my face. "I'm sorry, I do not understand" I stated... "taxi!" he said. "you need money for a taxi?" I questioned. "money! Money. Money." he gleefully sang as he danced with his burning cigarette in a ballet fashion over to his car.
I did not know what to do... To be real honest, I was a little scared but had to keep calm in front of the wee ones who looked terrified! I had instructed them to move to the other side of the car out of scary mans reach... He then came back and tried to hand me 10zt. I told him I didn't want his money but rather I was wondering if that was what he needed and since it wasn't he could have a nice day. He began pleading!!! I mean begging and pleading! He needed a ride into town. I told him I was just coming, not leaving, as he knew, and that I was sorry. "Nie" I said. "Nie" which means NO! Then I ordered the children to look the other way and begin to walk quickly towards people.
OH WOW! Then that WACKO man went bolistic! He was yelling and stomping and hand gesturing like I've never seen before. We could feel the anger and hate coming from his words even though we thankfully couldn't understand any of them. His car was still there when we got back, but he was gone. I guess he talked somebody else into "taxi" his sorry buns into town. SCARY!

We paid to use the potties and began our search for the bike rental shop. (Side note: potties are uni-sex. They cost 1zt at the lake for the whole family! Gotta love Poland. But the pay potties are much cleaner than the free potties!) While searching we came to realize that we were in a lake WONDERLAND! Seriously!

Off to the right was a kids playground which the kids had a ball playing on...



with adult work out equipment overlooking the lake which I vowed to wear better shoes and put to use later this week...



and even more to the right was a waterslide just incase the lake wasn't already fun enough! It was closed on Monday morning... but we will be back to ride that thang!!! MARK. MY. WORDS!


We still hadn't found the bikes but we knew they existed because we saw a bunch of people riding them!
We found a boat rental shop. Cole was in HEAVEN and promised he'd never ask for another thing if I would just rent him the goose paddle boat... but thankfully that boat rental shop was also closed down. I think they don't get a lot of renters on Monday mornings in September... hmmmm?

Just beyond the boats we came upon a serious climbers, zipline paradise! Anyone who knows McKay knows he is most often found high in a tree! He was drooling! We got all the info on this haven... but since we didn't plan on such delight we were wearing the wrong shoes so we will have to go back! To climb up these obstical courses in the trees one must wear a helmet and tie off! It was a little city in the trees that put the Robinson's tree house to shame! Nearly the size of a football field, and probably no less than 100 yrds to the top, there were 3 courses of net and climbing and ziplines that took you from one destination to the next... and I only thought these places existed in my wildest dreams!




After our awesome discoveries we hit the water... And found out that in Poland if you want to go to the lake, but you don't have on your swim suits like we did, then it is okay just to strip down to your whitey tighties and swim in those. YIKES OLD MAN! I tried to take a picture so everyone would believe me but the man kept sitting down... I think he knew he was on candid camera. I laughed at one moment when I thought of Dave... Nate's beloved older and oh so wise brother... and how he would have loathed me trying to take this photo of undie man. (Dave and his hottie wife came to see us when we lived in Florida with their cutie kids. They are party animals! They play as hard as they work... and BOY HOWDY... that is HUGE! Wished they were here at the lake with us today... just like in Florida!)



The kids had a blast for a good hour in the lake.




Then we went home to beat Mr. Mecham... Good discovery today.

1 comment:

Marja Liisa said...

Braige would be in 7th heaven with those tree's too! If we come there, that is a must do.