Friday, January 2, 2009

December is Officially gone...

If you blinked or overslept at all then you missed December...
Fortunately at our house, we didn't do either! It was fun and full and packed with a gajillion people (but not all) that we loved! It made our month long holiday one beautiful Christmas to remember! We don't usually get to see Grandma and Grandpa-great this time of year. They typically are tucked into a snow drift above Park City, entertaining the relatives (afar) and dining with polar bears! But this year our cousin got married in December! And I thank her for doing so because the great-grands were in town for her celebration and we got to have a little Christmas with them!
My older brother and his family joined the festivities for the first time in like... FOREVER! He was re-married a little over a year ago and so this was the first FULL family photo opportunity that my parents have had to get the entire nest on film. Strapping bunch!

I talked myself into a guilt free Christmas card less year this year! It really wasn't so bad... until December 15th... that is when everyone started mailing their cards! With each piece of mail cheer that I received a little more guilt set in until I feel slothful and ashamed to say that during my favorite postal time of year I chose to NOT mail out greetings. I love to go to the mail box ALL Christmas long... just for the cards to brighten my day! I will be mailing out Christmas cards in 2009. In fact, I may start on them today!

This offering of Christmas cake was the only bribe it took to convince Santa that the requests listed above were a given. (I will do my darnedest to get that recipe posted here tomorrow.)
An official request for 1) a mini hair straightener 2) a red Ryder b.b. gun and 3) a trailer for the Jon Deere that was found under the tree last year were granted.
Much thanks Mr. Claus!

Three beautiful children made Christmas come alive in our home. Every part of it... the magic and the reality!!!
So December 2008 is gone forever. A new year ahead! Taking down the decorations, brushing off the glitter and turning down the lights is bitter sweet for me. I love the feeling of Christmas dancing, unmistakably, around me... so when (in the blink of an eye) it arrives and then quickly passes, I often feel a little empty.
I wonder what that December long ago was like?? An expectant mother preparing for the Christmas child to arrive: anxiety, anticipation... calm.... and the day of His arrival came and then somehow forgotten by many. Yes... empty!
So this year I am resolved to keep Christmas in my heat all year long. The miracles I've witnessed this past year are enough to create wonder and awe for a life time.
Yes... I Believe!





1 comment:

Jo Dee said...

I am dying to know what it is you are whispering in Nates ear in the big family picture. Whatever it was he sure is smiling big!