Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tradition... #1

As all families do, the Mecham's have a little Christmas family tradition of our own. It goes something like this...
At Christmas we draw a name out of a hat (shhhh... it's a secret!). Then for the month of December we do a service (actually, anything to make that person happy flies... including artwork, notes, etc!) for that somebody. The goal is to keep yourself a secret Santa! (easier said than done... for some of us!)



So... today, my little Santa dusted 4 months of dirt off of my dresser and arranged my sloppy piles to look a little more organized. Then that little secret person left me this lovely note...






And then because my secret Santa is more like an angel, (he/she?) put away all of my make-up and wiped down my bathroom counter!
WHO COULD IT BE?
Well... I know one thing for certain... It's not Coley. I know because he called Nate at work today to tell him that McKay sqooshed his finger in the door... And between sobs he managed to whisper into the phone, "dad, you're my secret Santa! don't tell anyone." And Nate didn't mean to tell me... he just thought it was sooo funny that he couldn't help himself. So that is a secret too!
Oh ya baby... This is SOOO FUN!
Did I mention that I LOVE CHRISTMAS?!











4 comments:

Jo Dee said...

What a super fun tradition.
By the way the runbi fries were delish. Rock dipped and ate half of them!

Katie said...

What a fun tradition! Cole is so funny and cute!

☂niki. said...

You guys are seriously the cutest family ever! What a sweet tradition.

It is a small world... Lisa was in our Easter pageant family last year. She is so sweet!

Gail said...

We've tried that fun tradition for many years and it never lasts too long into the month! That's ok though cause it's the excitement of giving you're creating in those adorable children and they will continue the tradition someday!
Seriously...so cute!