Sunday, December 14, 2008

Je vous remercie de tout coeur, Sir Alexander Fleming

Dearest Sir Fleming,
It is with much gratitude that I write this note. You see, last week my little Bailey was in bed with Streptococcal pharyngitis . Since it wasn't fun enough to do one round, we decided to bread that strep throughout the week (via cohabitant toothbrushes...) and so now the boys are enjoying their turn! Quite frankly, they can't stand being sick! In fact, usually we don't even know Cole is growing strep until it turns into Scarlatina... but this time we had him checked out by our favorite "DOC" since all the other monkeys were sick. What do you know, that little strep bug set up house in his throat too! McKay on the other hand is going to DRIVE his wife bananas with the "man cold". He absolutely does not deal with discomfort in any fashion! If it doesn't meet his immediate desire, he is like a caged cat... "WHAT? I can't play with my friends?... I'm sooooooooooooo bored!" (sniffle sniffle...) So after one dosage of pink bubble gum (thank you for flavoring it sooo beautifully) Amoxicillan that dreaded pain lodged in the rear of their little throats had dissipated... It is a wonder! A genius! A God send! Thank you. Thank you for your fascination with chemistry... Our lives are forever changed.
Sincerely,
a mother who sleeps better at night.
p.s. if you are interested in giving strep throat a whirl... please bring you toothbrush to my house or share your drink with Cole... (he is willing to drink off of any cup so long as there is fluid inside.)... Our gift to Winter.




4 comments:

Jo Dee said...

I hope they have a speedy recovery.

Amy said...

Hope everyone gets better soon. I think I'll keep our toothbrushes safely here. Thanks for offering. HA!

Grandmommy Crum said...

I hate strep, but step loves us!!! The pink stuff is really like candy to our family, we need the strong stuff! Have I told you lately how great you are, my girls love to hear from you, your kind words are so appreciated! CRUM GIRLS LOVE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!! I hope the Christmas Holidays are amazing for you all! Love you

Pink Slippers said...

OMGosh I never thought about what a WONDERFUL man and friend he was to us Mommies.
Thank you from me too!
Love the bubblegum flavor...my hubby just does not understand the flavor thing regarding the kiddos.