Monday, November 17, 2008

What does $602.16 - $402.46 =

If you have a smart friend who is willing to walk you around the grocery store for 2 hours with a book full of coupons and a Fry's weekly add sheet in hand, you can save a BUCKET load of money!
I lucked out. I have one of those friends... and so today we went shopping (and it was fun because I got to see Becky Hermosillo do a dance on the toilet paper isle while singing the "F- R-E-E dance" and I pulled a wagon train of grocery carts through the isles piled FULL of amazing deals all the while asking smart friends "how many do I have" and "how much will this cost" since my brain was on OVERHAUL! I love smart people. To sum it up, I got $602.16 of groceries for the whoppen' price of $199.70!!!
Here she is:
* 6 Cottonelle T.P. * 6 boxes of Tide * 6 Lipton onion soup boxes * 6 blistex lip balm * 9 boxes feminine hygiene (never expires!- love that) * 2 Chocolate milks (does a body good) * 6 hefty zip lock sandwich bag boxes * 1 yummy Simple Orange Juice * 6 toothbrushes * 6 packs of batteries * 6 cans of PAM cooking spray * 9 bottles of baby soap (so I can wash Coley and then sniff his neck!) * 6 containers corn starch * 5 boxes of hash browns * 30 lbs of sugar * 18 gallons of Arrowhead water * 6 jars of Skippy PB * 1 cranapple juice (indulge a little) * 3 panty hose (for my church legs) * 24 cans Swanson chicken broth * 6 puffs facial tissue (with VICKS-mmmmm) * 6 bottles tylenol and 6 bottle advil (for the headache I acquired during my number punching at the grocers) * 7 bags of yummy frozen veggies * 4 containers of whip cream (for my own personal use) *4 canned milk * 2 vegetable oil * 1 jalapeno (salsa night) * 1 bunch cilantro * 1 bunch bananas * 3 amazing avocados (for my toast) * 1 leafy green CRISP head of lettuce * 6 zucchinis (to feed my addiction) * 9 yellow onions (to add to every recipe that I make!) *2 stuffing mix (Thanksgiving is around the corner, you know.) * 2 cottage cheese *2 sour cream * 2 tin foil (pit BBQ is around the corner) * a beautiful bowl for storing veggies * and a 6 foot receipt!
ARE YOU CRYING? I am.

7 comments:

Barbie said...

Orson has become my new compadre at the Frys market. We giggle at each other when we get in the car with all the groceries we feel like we've stolen. It is quite a rush, but I do get a math headache also. That's why I'm married to an accountant. Yippee!

Alison said...

Becky and Becky...what a team! You gotta love a good deal!

Jo Dee said...

AHHHH the joy of couponing. I am familiar with it!

Unknown said...

There are few things better than a good woman who loves to see how much she save when shopping....but I do think there is a fair amount of entertainment value associated with it as well. Thank you, Becky. You are the best.

Michelle said...

AAhh- a legal addiction. You are a woman after my own heart. Congrats on a job well done.

Katie said...

That is AMAZING! I really need to step up my grocery shopping skills!

Marja Liisa said...

Holy cow Becky!!! That is awesome! Could you please pass on your secrets to me?