Saturday, November 8, 2008

WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THIS MANY APPLES?

Let me tell you what I do with this many DELICIOUS APPLES

This is a dehydrator. My sweet Mother and Father (in law) gave it to us for Christmas... One of the most useful BEST gifts of all time!



This is a TREAT... dry apples. And they last a LONG time!

But don't fool yourself. I don't hand peel them. I used the NEATEST device on the market.... EVERYONE SHOULD OWN ONE.


1) You find this gadget at Pampered Chef. Its the apple/peeler/slicer/corer. You get one and hook it onto your counter.






2) Put the apple on the prongs.




3) You get your kids to turn the handle and the gadget does all the work perfectly! AND... the kids think it's the coolest thing and so you only have to play referee for the apple peeling tournament.







4) you watch your apple peel beautifully.






5) when all is done, you drop the core into the compost pile in the back yard so that you can grow your own garden with pure BLACK dirt!
***Then you put all the apple slices on the dehydrator, turn it on, and go to bed. In the morning your house smells like apple pie and you have preserved nutritious snacks for the famine~ if they make it that long!












3 comments:

Jo Dee said...

I'm impressed! I love dehydrated apples. Will you share?

HaHa said...

That is amazing and sounds yummy! You do so many great things at your house! I just found your blog while I was sitting in my house down the street. I miss my VT partner - I hope they paired you up with someone who can actually get out and go!

Marja Liisa said...

I just called my neighbor who has one of those neat gagets. I will soon be doing apples as well. You are such a good mom!!! I love all of the pictures with the wigs. I want to give all of your kids giant bear hugs!!!