Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hey! Rookie...

McKay is a soccer all star. I like to think he takes after his mom! hehe.. It was all he could talk about. Soccer. Soccer. and his last fifty goals... Soccer. So, it surprised me a little when he decided to give baseball a whirl this past fall. Ummm... Can we say, NATURAL! Way to go ROOKIE!
McKay stacked his cards well... He called Grandpa to be his coach. And as Grandpa's go, his couldn't say NO... especially since Grandpa's passion (second to Grandma and the Grands) is baseball, he thought he had died and gone to heaven.

Then he called his Dad... An assistant coach! Ya buddy! Doesn't get much better than that...


Unless you can also stack your team! Which, he did. This is McKay's soul buddy! They are like peas in a pod. Ikey is McKay's cousin that is his same age (well, a few months older). As if the story hadn't peaked, Ikey's dad was an assistant coach too! Rookie on the field, but a seasoned veteran in the planning department.



So... baseball, twice a week with Grandpa, Dad and Uncle Loyd, Ikey and a whole bunch of cool friends. Treats and Gatorade galore. A ball glove in one hand, a ball in the other. A buddy to play with. Beautiful weather for games. Bats, swinging and hitting... Running like your life depended on it. McKay decided baseball is where it is at! Life is good. And I have a new favorite ball player. My little Rookie. We can't wait until spring!





3 comments:

Jo Dee said...

What a cutie. Mckay that is, not Nate...(that would be inappropriate to say).Baseball in the fall, what a great idea. We always play in the spring and towards the end it gets too hot!

Katie said...

Going off of what jodee said makes me inappropriate I guess! Haha! Sounds like a perfect set up Mckay has there! I want Preston to play with him in the spring! Make sure you let me know when to sign him up and all that good stuff!

Unknown said...

I look like I am saying a bad word. Wait....I don't know any bad words.

Right.