Saturday, November 29, 2008

Lazona PIT BBQ

As one of the LOVELIEST of Thanksgiving Family traditions goes: OUR Ward family (but mostly all the E.Q. pyros) gathers on the Eve of Thanksgiving for horderves (Carne Asada tacos) in an effort to heap the Thanksgiving jewel into the fiery furnaces!
Some of our friends included Bro. Brunner and Bro. Waldeck... and they sure were excited to be there!
Coley and this cute little toad! I've seen him in primary but I don't know his name. Shame upon me for not knowing somebody in my very own ward! However, if he's a friend of Cole's then he is a friend of mine and he belongs in the family album!

The King of the pit... Chino!


Bishop Brown and the man who started it all... (the carne asada tradition) Randy Moore.



Eli and Curt





The Mighty fiery furnace




WE WELCOME Grandpa and Grandma with McKay and Cole to visit this much gloated over tradition that we experience each year






Grandpa and Grandma Mecham with a heap of animal flesh in the background! mmmmm...
(I hate to claim my transgressions openly to public, but I could really do without the turkey, the ham or the roast... never-the-less, I am improving in my carnivorous ways! I did partake of a little turkey smothered in gravy, cranberry sauce and extra pepper! And I even tried the ham on my egg this morning! I must say... Next year we will leave it in the pit longer but the smokey flavor does make it palatable! Wouldn't tinfoil dinners full of veggie delight and cream of mushroom soup be delightful in that pit?!) I LOVE the PIT! And it got the approval of Grandpa and Grandma Mecham... as did the turkey and ham!
A day late... Happy Thanksgiving!







3 comments:

Jo Dee said...

I was bummed I missed this. I was at home in shivering in front of a fire. I'm glad a good nights sleep helped me feel better enough to at least enjoy Thanksgiving. I am glad to see you had a fun holiday!

Lindsay Jones said...

Oh man I love that pit! It makes it hard for me to stick to the meat sparingly thing!

Gail said...

I miss that pit! It used to free up my oven for turkey day!