Thursday, October 27, 2011

A sweet hook up

One day while Mr. Mecham and I were going to get the Elders for dinner we came upon them in the scenerio below. It made me laugh! I said to Mr. Mecham... "these boys aren't afraid of anyone! Take a picture for their mothers!" and so we did! And then we happily waited for almost 30 minutes for them to finish their conversations with these Catholic munks. Yes... Munks.

These guys work their fannies off! They will talk to anyone and everyone... that is why they are so tired... We love them! Yesterday I mentioned that they hooked us up... but today we found out how much they really did HOOK US UP! The Mechams thank them for keeping us in mind... and making our little home town an easier place to live!
The missionaries met Andzej. He is well connected and made a few phone calls. Next thing I know I am the most popular American in Poland! He invited a ton of families to our Halloween party so we could meet them all! He introduced me to headmasters at schools! He got my children in to a private school that was completely full... But I have to go look at their curriculum next week! He has info on music teachers and good deals on musical instruments! He showed me the farmers Market where to purchase large amounts of produce completely fresh for pennies! He explained customs, teenage life here, religion, holidays and he has many friends to teach us more Polish! On Saturday he and Nate will take the children to a new pool... one that is less crowded than the spa. And then they will go over to Andzej and Eva's. While they are swimming Eva and I will be baking cookies and preparing food for the Halloween party... Now that we have people coming we must make some food! :)

5 comments:

Merilee said...

That's awesome! It's so cool when you meet someone who is a true hook-up! We met a guy like that when we were in Tahiti and I am still grateful to him this day! I can't wait to read about your party! Please take pictures.... :)

Jo Dee said...

I am so happy for you guys! It sounds like things are looking up!

cherryl said...

bless those boys hearts... and I think, bless their mothers hearts too... now that I am a mom and all the work and prayer and time I put in with my children... hoping they will be standing there like that some day knowing who they are and why there are here and not afraid to share it. Bless their mothers hearts!

Marja Liisa said...

That is AWESOME!!! I love a good hookup! I am glad that you are having a halloween party this year. Take lots of pictures for us! Miss you guys!

sambonez7 said...

Your sugar cookies are devine!! To say the least everything I have ever eaten that you have made is scrumptious! I hope the people attending your party wer able to appreciate them.