Sunday, October 2, 2011

day 45 A total boost

Last night Papa Nate took us to our favorite restaraunt, Dolce Vita. It is the yummiest Italian food and every time I eat there I think of Debbie Brenner and how pleased she would be with the nutrition they serve! I haven't eaten a bad meal there yet! Then we went to Polish class discussed "Polish phrases" taught by Elder Basha. He is really quite impressive with his language skills. He won't admit it, but it is completely impressive that he speaks as beautifully as he does.
Going out and enjoying old Papa bears company is so refreshing. Nate is gone a lot during the week and so we look forward to weekends like never before...
We vowed to adopt uncle Curtis's wise theory... That is that from now on and forever we will get all our work done during the week so we can enjoy the weekends. As in, Saturday is not going to be a day of work our heads off since we do that Mon-Fri and even in a different way on Sunday. But today we had to get a few things done and so we set a time at which we would stop working and go make some memories! 1:00. That was the time we set. Kabob Saturday started at 1:00. By 3:00 Papa and the kids were at the climbing park in the trees for the 2nd time this week. They had a blast. I was finishing up preparations for dinner and guests coming to watch conference... which started live for us at 6:00 p.m. via the internet.



Elder Marsing's birthday was yesterday so we let him choose the dinner that I made tonight. Taco soup and Chocolate cake. We ate and watched conference. I was inspired by L. Whitney Clayton's message about missionary work. I can relate to his message about there being few members and he gave me hope that one day this country will also enjoy the blessing of many members. I thought that Elder Paker's talk to the youth was a message of love and great concern and a warning that clearly was prophetic and from Heaven itself. We have to much hope in our youth. But my favorite must have been Elder Uchtdorf... "YOU MATTER TO HIM". He is so good at reminding us who we are and where we come from... And I really enjoyed Carl B. Cook's talk, "It's better to look up." But I was especially touched by the closing prayer when it was said something about member all over the world... And surely because I am in a far off place which in the past week has often felt forgotten, it touched me that the sainst everywhere are still thought about.

I Can't wait for tomorrow's conference. I will not only get to finish the 2nd session from today and watch the priesthood session which played for us at 3:00 a.m., but I will also get to indulge in the Sunday morning session. I look forward to it.

1 comment:

Marja Liisa said...

I hope conference gave you some peace.

I also am glad to read about Curtis's advice. I won't tell you what I got mad at him over this past weekend, but it had to do with that!

We love you all!