Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Missionaries are cool!

The missionaries have been working over time out here. They found a friend who has children, they speak English and they are the most connected and well educated people we have met here. We went to dinner with them last night. It was so fun to talk to them and hear about growing up in communism, how even just 15 years ago they had to go to the store to use the one phone in their village, and how their children live a completely different life! We asked them about the customs we have been taught. They assured us that there are some that think that way, but there are many who are forward thinking and want something else! We were delighted to meet people like us. Just when we were certain that we couldn't stand one. more. day... those missionary angels saved us again! They lead us to friends!
We are beyond grateful.



This morning school was a HUGE Success! Cole was writing poems and I couldn't have been more proud of his venacular. It went like this:

Animals, Animals Everywhere
by Cole Mecham
When I grow up and have room to spare,
I'll have animals everywehre.
I'll have a pig on the floor.
And a pigeon near the door,
A jackass on the chair.
And I'll take good are of them jackass.

such a proud moment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that kid!!

Merilee said...

I want a jackass on a chair.

Marja Liisa said...

That is hilarious! Brogan was standing next to me as I read this poem for the first time. He said, "Oh gosh...Coley!" still laughing....