Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saying goodbye is hard for me






Saying goodbye has always been one of my least favorite things! I always cry. ALWAYS! I cry at funerals... they are a goodbye. I cry when I move. I have never figured out why it is so difficult for me, it just seems to be. Oh well.
3 months ago, Mr. Mecham took a job with the ever amazing Dome Technologies. It really is his dream job! Dome's home office is in Idaho Falls. They tried to hire him years ago but I was not interested in a permanent relocation to Idaho and so we didn't go. 3 months ago Mr. Mecham was also offered 3 other jobs, all of which were equal paying. However, Dome offered him an opportunity to work abroad! It was an opportunity that, not only did we want, but also we knew we should take.
Over the years since Mr. Mecham and I were married we have lived in 3 different states and now 2 different countries. We have always associated with the kindest people and enjoyed every minute of our stay no matter where we were. But everyone knows that as soon as you move the relationship changes. And for me, that is sometimes hard when you are completely happy with how the relaionships currently are!
Somehow this does all go together! Last Monday night some Ms. Dillard and Co. threw a very lovely party to say goodbye to me... and i cried the whole time. So I didn't get to tell everyone that I was excited to move. I didn't get to tell everyone that I would miss them! I didn't get to tell everyone the story behind us moving! Because I was crying! And besides, I ruined every picture! haha...
We wanted to move. We love the adventure. The problem is that we wanted everyone to come with us! There will always and forever be a lovely place in our hearts for the friendships and relationships we have with dear friends and family all over the world. And we so look forward to reunions which we know will come!
For now,
do widzenia

1 comment:

Jo Dee said...

I knew you wanted to move, and it's ok. Adventure awaited you! Miss you and your kiddos! ~hugs~