Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 12

We went for a little walk to explore the surrounding of our house and down this little path we found a park! A HUGE park!
With a cool hill for sleigh riding after the snow flies

and fun playground equipment, a ping pong table, soccer goals and basketball courts... and lots of room to run and ride bikes or scooters. It is landlocked by apartment buildings all around it which is why I don't think we had ever driven past it.
Sophie and Julie, two of the cutest 10 year old girls, rode up on their scooters to introduce themselves to Bailey and asked her to play with them. They tried so hard to talk English and did an amazing job!


This morning at 10 Brother Mecham met with President Robert Zelewski (who was baptized in Mesa, AZ 21 years ago by Brother Finnlinson of the Mesa Central stake) who extended a call to be the branch President of our little Lublin branch. He set him apart after sacrament mtg. Talk about efficiency! Elder Plumb was delighted that he was released! The Elders downloaded Prez for several hours tongiht... then to thank them I fed them burned on the outside and goo in the middle skookies with vanilla ice cream that didn't taste quite right.

Things I was again reminded of today:

The tender mercies shown to our family on every level have been magnificant. Having two little girls come find Bailey at the park nearly brought me to tears. I know parents and grandparent, alike, have spent much time praying for her friends to appear.

Something I learned today:

Sister Gladun has 7 callings in our branch. They aren't light callings. Next time I feel like complaining about my one calling I will think of faithful Sister Gladun and put my head down and get to work.

4 comments:

Merilee said...

Branch president! Heeheeheehheeee! We all knew it would happen sooner or later. I have a feeling that mission president is on the list eventually :)

Marja Liisa said...

I ditto her comment!!!! So glad Bailey found friends...what a miracle.

Alison said...

What amazing experiences you are all having! Thanks for sharing them with us. By the way...we miss you guys!

Singulus said...

Every once in awhile I like to google my son's name. Usually I don't get any new hits, but today I found your great blog with some wonderful pictures of him! Thanks for feeding him. He mentioned you in his weekly email home today and was very grateful. I hope your adventures there are amazing and blessed.

Thanks,

Bro. Plumb in Utah