Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 13

Today was a hard day for us. No Pictures either... We woke up and ALL of us but Coley felt homesick. Wherever McKay is Cole is home... but ALL the rest of us were done! We knew we had to do something! We were going to go to Chelm to visit the Prez but we drug our feet far too long for a lunch time date and so we just drove around and got lost and discovered a new part of our little area! Have I noted yet that Poland is BEAUTIFUL? BOY HOWDY!!! Poland is Beautiful! The weather was chilly today... adding to its lovliness!
We also went to check out the school that we heard about! I was so excited to hear that there was an English speaking international school in Lublin! The only problem is that it is only for kids in high school. Bummer. I asked if there was any school for the kids to attend? They informed me that they wouldn't even be placed in a class until they were fluent in Polish. OUCH!! And so we signed up for some "intense Polish" classes and went back to our origional plan to home school. WE really (emfasis on the really) wanted to go to public shchool and make friends! Oh well.
I find myself shopping when I'm sad... I think I've passed it along to the children: We went shopping! More legos and scooters. It is a terrible habit!
The Prez took us to dinner. Pizza. It was amazing! I think that is the other thing I do when I am sad... Heaven help me if I pass that along to the kids. I used to run... why don't I do that any more?


Things I learned today:
1) Aunt cindy told me it would take 2 weeks to get home sick. Tomorrow marks 2 weeks for us. I learned that she is right about EVERYTHING! I already knew I loved her, but I love her more today!
2) Elder Basha told us that the 1st thing that people miss about home is the food. I can't even tell you how true that is! Aunt Cindy had advised me to bring foods from home to help with homesickness... Right again!
3) McKay gets homesick. He is so adventurous and happy that I didn't even realize he gets homesick... but he said he would do anything to hang with Grandpa, Ikey and Preston today. Poo!
4) If you have 3 scooters in your grocery cart EVERYONE at the store stares at you. It is like wearing a sign that says, "I AM A FOREIGNER. PLEASE STARE!"
5) You can't go to school if you don't speak the language? Why the $%*@ don't we have this policy in the United States? SERIOUSLY FOLKS... it blows for the man who doesn't speak... but this is a good thing!


*** Disclaimer... I type fast and i don't always spell my words right because I use spell checker... Spell checker hasn't worked on my blog for a while... so I realize that I have major errors in spelling... Sometimes I even go back and correct them because they bug me so bad... Please forgive.

2 comments:

jessica mella said...

I miss you all dearly. I think the fact that you are not one state away adds to the fact that we miss you anyways.
This does sound like quite the adventure, though. It is pretty much my dream to come visit everybody.
Hugs and kisses!
-jessica

Unknown said...

I loved catching up on all your posts! We love and miss you and love hearing all your adventures. I think you are amazing! Tell Bailey HI!
Carrie Brown