Saturday, October 17, 2009

My neglectful blogness

( This pic has nothing to do with my post... but it is autumnish... and I love it.)
Dear Blog,

You are but one young year old... You remind me of my journal.... (which you are). I make commitments to record my stories for future memoir... but I oft let the business of life take me captive. For these reasons, I have been neglectful. And also because I've been reading like a dog... "Jesus the Christ" (again... so good) and "The Great Apostasy" (again... so good) and "The Continuous Atonement". (boy howdy... All things pink was not kidding when she highly recommended that one... so good.) And since I'm on a pretty rocken' roll, I just bought "The Blessings of Abraham". I'm sure it will be so good.

I have been absent with my nose in a book or two or three... and also planting my garden. Tomatoes are up... Just harvested 2. Cucumbers are growing gangbusters. Lettuce is still alive. Mint. (what to do with mint? I planted it so I could say that I have mint in my garden. Don't know how to use it yet! I read that it repels some pests. I'm banking on it!) Pole beans are growing even though I planted them 4 days after the last recommended day. We will see... Peppers~ They have been in the ground for a while now... and they aren't dead but they aren't growing. Interesting. Italian Parsley is beautiful. (dear Lord, Thank you for that stuff... I love parsley. You are good to me. Love, Becky) Chives are still under ground... as in seeds haven't sprouted up yet. Neither have the onions. But I'm in LOVE with onions... and chives... so I know they will come up. The squash. I've dreamed of squash gardens.... and mine is growing. I planted sweet meat, zucchini, and Florette squash... and when it all gets rolling if there is still room, I'll plant acorn and spaghetti. Did I say, I love squash? I love squash in all its forms. (Fresh, of coarse!)

So where was I... Sorry about not blogging. If you were an infant child you would be dead from neglect. I would be incarcerated for abuse. And then my garden wouldn't be growing. You are, however, a space for me to deliver my thoughts... and I still have some. Stick with me....

1 comment:

Erin Flanagan Woods said...

Me too! Just haven't blogged in so long!