Thursday, October 22, 2009

Can Ericka Play?

Every morning by 8:30 a.m. Cole is looking for somebody to play with... If you know Cole, this is progress... by atleast a half hour! If I don't deliver a friend by 8:35 he is on the phone.
Cole has two numbers memorized: Grandma Chrissy, and Ericka. This very morning I stood in the kitchen tapping my finger while my spelt bread toasted golden when Cole walked in with the telephone on his ear. He didn't speak for a very long time. Then he rolled his eyes 4 or 7 times and started to speak while pacing back and forth: "Hi Ericka just calling to see if you could play. We can play legos and swing and dress-ups and I really want you to come over because you're my friend and so I want you to call me back if you can come play and we would have really fun in the name of Jesus".... then he stopped and looked up at me with a total perplexed look on his face. I was trying not to laugh or (heaven forbid) make him feel stupid for what he had just said. Cole doesn't take lightly to degradation. And so I simply said, "amen". And he busted out laughing and yelled into the phone, "oh my gosh I can't believe I just did that!" And then he hung up and we laughed our heads off for about 5 minutes!
That kid... I tell you what!~ He is one fine little man! As long as he is mine will never be long enough.

5 comments:

Senja said...

oh that is such a cute and fun story! and by the way you told it i can really imagine the look on his face! :)

Erin Flanagan Woods said...

That is awesome! Thanks for the laugh this morning.

jessica mella said...

BAHA! I could not keep a straight face long enough to say "amen." That is so cute!

The Cluffs said...

I needed a good laugh today and I can always count on you to provide that - Thanks Becky!!!

Carrie Brown said...

I have been cracking up at all your posts and this story is the best!