Friday, March 13, 2009

You Don't have to be old and dead to move towards the light....

This is a preview of me in 40 years. I will be hauling my grands around on my hog. Quite frankly, my children won't hear of it and promise that I am the most embarrassing person they've ever known and they will file for divorce if their father and I make such a purchase. (insert laughing here...) I can't imagine that as mature adults they wouldn't love their children's Nana to show up in leather fringed chaps and steel toed boots. (Leather.... mmmmm!) And I think the grands will think I'm cool. Regardless, I'm keeping that dream alive.
And to fuel my fire, today while driving down the road I saw a little old grandma riding her red mo-ped... practicing good safety rules by wearing her white helmet (it looked like a bowling ball) with her little gray hairs curling out the back and sides. Her little white orthopedic tennies (Velcro straps) were the perfect accessory bringing out the true age of "cool breeze" granny. I loved that her satchel was strapped in between her legs comfortably. But the crowning jewel was the blue bumper sticker that read, "You don't have to be old and dead to move towards the light". And I never wished I had my camera so bad! Just think, I could've shown my children how awesome a future they really have! I think it would have calmed all their fears. Plus, I promise to wear braids and bandannas, and red lipstick always.
I'm buying a Hog. So help me....

7 comments:

Jo Dee said...

I cant wait to witness that! I hope we are friends forever and I can see it!

Amy said...

I'll pay money to witness that. Love it! You are dang funny.

☂niki. said...

that is so awesome.

you're in need of a camera phone lady.

which is exactly the topic i posted about today.

which is also the reason i caught that awesome shot in sacrament meeting last week.

Erin Flanagan Woods said...

That's is so funny. Love it!

Gail said...

You could definitely pull that off! Several years ago we went to Yellowstone and saw tons of older couples on those Honda motorcylces with the side cars. Steve thought it was so cool and said that's us in 30 years! I thought..NO way! His dream is to own a hog of his own, one which he must get by me (a plane is dangerous enough!). But I may lose that battle. Glad I won't be alone in my old age:) You Go Grannie!!!

Kaye said...

This hit my funny bone!! I laughed till I cried, all the way to the velcro shoes!! Of everyone I know, I think only you and Kelsie would be able to pull it off!

E and T Macdonald said...

Becky,
You just crack me up! I linked your blog to mine so I can get the funnies each day! :)
We bought our chickens at McMurry Hatchery. I don't know if there is a minimum number you have to order... we ordered 25... but 5 have died! Not too good of odds if you ask me. They've credited our account so its all good. Good luck!
You could find a friend to split an order maybe??