Monday, March 2, 2009

McKay for President


Not even 1 score years ago... (but more like 8 years) a great American was born. And since he could verbalize his thoughts he has had a fascination with the liberties that he enjoys and undertands that they were claimed at a monumental price.
Last week McKay made a decision, "I'm going to be the PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA when I grow up", he confidently proclaimed...
So I'm officially putting him on the ballot.
The conversation continued, "mom, how do I do it?"
"lets google search it!" After all, you can find anything on google!!!!
But then nearly feeling defeated before he even was old enough to claim puberty he remembered, "I'm a Mormon and nobody votes for Mormons."
YIKES! Mormons might vote for Mormons! I mean, Mr. Romney didn't exactly come out stinky once he made himself known! Let's face it, The first Catholic in the white house didn't exist until 1961 and my own mother still shares her opinion that he was an amazing President. A Mormon could do it! HELLOOOO.... America WAS established by those who wanted religious freedom. Right? So why not a Mormon? (Thank you Mitt for planting a seed for McKay's presidential nomination!)
And Pres. Obama (though I declare that I did not vote for him) has really covered a lot of ground in this department...

...a dream that one day he will live in a nation where he will not be judged by the amount of time he worships the Almighty as a negative attribute (a weakness) but by the morals that make up his person.
...a dream that one day he will be able to join hands with all the good that life has to offer, whether it be Christians or Jews and that they may walk together as children of God, moving towards a stonger America.

McKay has a dream today.

So Mr. Mckay... I beseech you to follow your dreams. Be whatever you want to be. After all, by the time you run for president I believe you will know more about the history of this great nation than any other person alive... (at the rate you read about it). And besides, I think your face would look great on a postage stamp!!!
You have my vote little buddy!

6 comments:

Jo Dee said...

I'll vote for him but only if I can visit him in the white house!

Suz said...

I understand you have to have a 6 month waiting so that the FBI can clear you to enter.... Maybe he can sneak you in since you feed and entertain him once a month!

Gail said...

He has MY vote! What a cutie!!! Tell him not to give up before he has tried...you never know. Stranger things have happened....after all Wynonna Judd came to my ward yesterday! Seriously!

Michelle said...

seriously, I cannot imagine anyone NOT voting for cutie patootie McKay. Dream big, brother..it's the only way to change the world.

Ms. Young said...

Of course McKay has my vote. He has my vote for ANYTHING from best cousin to President. GOOOOOOO McKay!

Kaye said...

Right on McKay!!! You have my vote! Can you imagine all the stories that would come out about his mother when he was running for Pres.! They would all be GREAT!