Monday, March 2, 2009

Greg Olson is the artist of this masterpiece....
There were 3 amazing reasons why I was so happy that I chose to worship at church today...
#1) During the opening song I watched Haldon Lucero sing the entire song, "I Am A Child OF God" by memory while sitting with the deacons awaiting to pass the sacrament... and I cried.
#2) I got a hug from Amy Jackson... who was visiting from a far off place... and I remembered why I love her so much.
#3) I looked up during the sacrament hymn and noticed Orson and Nathan Holt preparing the sacrament as the dynamic Father/Son duo and I relished in the moment. I had the thought, The joy that some people must create for our Heavenly Father.... and I cried a little more.

I can't imagine having that missing in my life.

4 comments:

Erin Flanagan Woods said...

I love days like that!

Gail said...

What a sweet reminder of reasons why we worship every week:).

Kaye said...

Oh my goodness! I was kinda thinkin on the same lines! Haldon was sitting in front of us after passing the sacrament. He is amazing and his testimony brought tears to my eyes. I was also watching the Holt duo and was very touched. I love Nathan!! He is in my Sunday School class and the kid is AMAZING!!

Amy said...

We'll be back in April. I wish I could have seen everyone. I miss you guys. Thanks for being great friends.