Friday, February 20, 2009

I hate the smell of ketchup...

Some things just stink... Like the obvious; dog food, ponds in the hot summer, and old yard clippings that have sat in the green barrels for too long. In years past while experiencing pregnancy, I really thought that the smell of meat cooking (let alone the taste~ YUCK!) would do me in. And little sweaty boys belong in a shower for rinsing and then a bubble bath for aromatic tolerance purposes. But my story really isn't about that...
Last night while I was enjoying some good R.E.M. sleep (after all it was 12:35 a.m.) I was startled by my very own door bell... ringing away! Never thinking clearly at such an hour, I peeped at my clock and then urgently ran to my front door... whizzed it open... and was winded by the smell of ketchup. The midnight Ketchup ghost visited my house. And clearly I was chosen for a funny prank on a Thursday late night. (who does pranks on Thursday night? Seriously...)
In my delirium, I was unable to identify the connection between my door bell ringing and the stench of ketchup. In fact, I didn't even think about the rest of the night! I was too busy searching for Mckay's b.b. gun and peepen' out my window...
Around 1:10 a.m. I witnessed some seriously funny humor... The young ladies (light use of word) 3 houses down, (to the north of mine) tip-toes across their front lawn (giggling) in the street light (ssooooo sneaky) towards their next victim! The funniest thing I saw all night was one of them do the "pee dance"! She even tried to hold it in with her hand! (Which is fine if your all alone!) After all, doesn't everyone suddenly have to urinate as soon as you begin a good game of hide and seek! It almost made me have to go myself! The more athletic of the two crawled towards the neighbors door and stretched her little pointer out... and I believe that I was laughing out loud when she and her mischievous friend took off running towards their hide out. Their hair was waggen', their legs moving as fast as they could go... (it was obviously the most exercise they had gotten since their last prank) and I began to remember years ago enjoying a good laugh at the expense of somebody else's sleep. And for some sick reason, I began enjoying what I saw!
This morning, however, little Coley stepped outside to enjoy some fresh air when he realized that he was standing in ketchup. A whole puddle on my door step... to go along with the spots all down my walk way making it seem as though somebody were profusely bleeding to death all the way to the road. Gross! And I guess if my olfactory nerve were on sabbatical then I might have actually thought that somebody did have a silent injury in my door way just before they ran off! But unfortunately, Cole and I had to smell the leftover fumes of hours old ketchup when we opened up the door. And it wasn't easy to clean up!
So tonight, in honor of my freshly scrubbed, clean walk way and front porch, I'm inviting the lovely ladies 3 houses down to the north of mine to come to and celebrate. We are having hot dogs (which they can bring because I hate hot dogs... though my children love them~ because they've never barfed one up) and I'll be providing the ketchup... since they are undoubtedly out at their house.

Come by if you'd like!

8 comments:

☂niki. said...

what?!

so they just poured ketchup all over your door step?

was it hard to clean off?

it sounds more like a cruel joke than a funny joke.

you shouldn't invite them over...you shouldn't let on that you know who it was at all...you should seek REVENGE!! i'll help you. it will be more fun than watching them through your window and i can guarantee even more laughs! what do ya say??

Pink Slippers said...

I had no idea people could have old fashion fun like that anymore. How cool! Sorry, not for you.
Wendy

Alli said...

oh becky how I love you and your stories! You are the best at telling stories! You crack me up!! I hope you know how great I think you are and your cute family!! I love love every single one of them. And I am hoping my little easton boy grows up to be just like your mckay and colie!!

Ms. Young said...

Oh man! BB Gun is my vote! That is what I purchased them for! I have NO idea how to use Loyd's gun (nor would I want to) but I quickly learned how to use the BB Gun after purchasing it for my boys for Christmas! (Don't tell my kids that I said this!)

☂niki. said...

i think i shall join your lovely lunch on friday:) we'll talk details about our revenge plot....muahahahaha

Kaye said...

You would hate working where I work, when they bottle catsup and salsa it is SICK. The smell is disgusting.
I walk in and out of the door and try to think of roses, daisies, tulips, chocolate, you know, anything beautiful!

Lindsay Shreeve said...

Hahaha what a stinky little prank!!! I just found your blog! You are so funny! Love you!

Karen said...

Discusting, I HATE ketchup. But I do like Fry sauce (ketchup and mayo mix) from the West side :) And I love Mustard.