Monday, February 9, 2009

It makes my butt look big...


I had late meetings at church today... So my family drove the car post haste I attended to my duties with a heart full of song... and then decided to walk the few short blocks to my house once they had adjourned. It was sunny outside and so clean after the beauty rain storm which graced us today. I had my 50 lb green church bag full of binders and books (bumping up and down off my hip) hung over one shoulder and my black scripture bag and closed up pola dot umbrella hanging off the other. I think I might have even had a little zip in my walk since there was a slight breeze! About half way home Mr. White pulled up along side of me and his darling daughter, Sydnee, motioned for me to come over with her pointer finger. She, looking down and most rosy in the cheeks said, "sister Mecham". And as I turned a little to move my bag out of the way, I realized that my dress was tucked so perfectly up over my butt. Yes... I did say, MY BUTT! As in, it was completely exposed! After all... my dress wasn't covering it at all! So I screamed and quickly pulled it back down where it was intended to be just in time to see Kylee in the back seat of their white sequoia poke her head up and then lie back down in laughter! And as they quickly drove away I proclaimed, "you are my friend". Because she really is! And her poor father! Dreadful, I think... that he had to see my hind parts squooshed into my black pantyhose briskly walking home with my bumping bag...
And as I dung the bell in request of refuge at my front door, My lovely husband opened it and the first words out of his mouth were, "you look hot"! To which I confidently replied... "you have no idea!"
To anyone else who may have viewed this sight as they left their meetings, I extend my sincere apology. I realize it is one quick way to drive the spirit of church out of your life quickly. Further, You will not have to see me in that little black dress ever again... It makes my butt look big!

13 comments:

sambonez7 said...

You made my day today!!!

Jo Dee said...

I am so very sorry this happened. At least you have a great sense of humor and can laugh at yourself!

Kaye said...

Oh my goodness!! That happened to me once (that I know of) and I was mortified!! You have the best sense of humor of anyone I know!!
By the way, we are only 3 weeks into our "biggest loser" and Alex is STILL winning. I've got to get on it. I have a cold that has knocked me back a few days from excercising, hence I can't move without coughing up a lung, so I will have tons to catch up on!!

☂niki. said...

aaahhhh!! hahaha. i'm sorry, but i cannot help but laugh! that is so hilarious! oh, how embarrassing. you take it with grace though. i commend you. thank you for allowing us to laugh with you on this one.

Ms. Young said...

OK....THAT is funny! I can just picture it! I am so glad that you are my sister....we can laugh together for 50 more years. I will never stop laughing about Mom with the toilet seat cover sticking out of the back of her pants on the Airplane. Every time I think of it I smile!

Erin Flanagan Woods said...

Thanks for that! It was like reliving one of my most embarrassing moments. It was the same exact thing but in the airport. I had walked the entire length of the terminal with my dress hiked up showing all my glory. There was a sweet woman that stopped me and told me. I had wondered why everyone was staring at me. I just thought I was looking particularly good day. I do have to say that I didn't know a soul in the airport, so to have your bottom discovered by friends, hands down you got me on that one.

You do take it with stride though.

Gail said...

OMGOSH!!! I am crying, I am laughing so hard!! Only you could go through an experience like that and not only laugh at yourself but be confident enough to share it with the rest of us so we can laugh right along with you:) Thank you, thank you, thank you for making all of my embarrassing moments pale in comparison. You are a true friend and servant to all:)
Don worry, it only makes you MORE loveable, if that's even possible!

Nichols Family said...

Oh Becky!!!! I am laughing out loud...at your expense...sorry! I love you! You are too funny! So glad you can laugh about it now! Remind me to tell you my most embarrassing moment that nobody saw but myself...hopefully. But I would have to tell you in person. :)

Eaton Family said...

I heard it from the girls last night, and then I heard it from you and now your blog, every time it only gets funnier! I love it, you know that we are all worried about that happening to us too! With that huge book bag, car seats and lifting up kids, that skirt is always bound to come up!
The good thing was that on Sunday you did say that you wanted to go home and throw that dress away, and that was before this whole thing happened!!

Full House said...

You are the best person I know to have that happen to. You really know what to say in situations and are quite witty. I'm just glad you were at least wearing pantyhose though.

Blake & Melissa said...

Becky, I can honestly say I am glad it was you and not me. :) I needed a laugh today though!

The Cluffs said...

Becky, I am so sorry that happened to you, but your description makes us all laugh with you. That would probably be one of my WORST nightmares!!

ABirdie said...

I laughed my pants off on this one...