Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Party was a HUGMUNGO Success


(the camera couldn't fit everyone in... but this is a good start!)

I couldn't be more excited to say that the Halloween party was awesome! Andje came through with FLYING colors! We all crammed into a 3 room apartment (that is our church house) and ate sloppy joes, chips, drinks and sugar cookies. The Gladun's brought homemade donuts. Ewa brought salad. Ella brought salad. Somebody else ordered pizza and several people brought desserts. And then for kind gifts I was given a chocolate liquor rose and a bottle of Argentine wine! :) We had about 50ish people there. It was awesome!

(The Gladun's pumpkin! The Gladun's helped us set up for the party! They are the most solid members of the church I have ever met!)

We carved pumpkins.

This was Jasmine's jack-0-lantern. She has carved before, but many of the guests carved a jack-o-lantern for their first time!
It was a new experience to see carving pumpkins such a joy on a whole new level!!

Sister Gladun has an apple tree. She brought tons of apples and we bobbed for them! Elder Marsing was showing us how it was done... and there was water EVERYWHERE! He was soaked! And if bobbing for apples was ever going to be fun then Elder Marsing must be at the party!

We played pass the orange (they youth were loving this one!), toss up, "don't eat Pete", catch the Ghost (Thank you grandma Chrissy for the Ghosts!), Dr. and Jenny Davis' famous animal game (Was played over and over), Toss the sticky eye on the spider! (again... thanks mom and dad for the package with all the fun Halloween games and goodies! They were a HIT!)
As our new friends were leaving they made comments like: "My children have never had s o much fun at a party!" "We envy you for this holiday!" and so forth.



Cody and Jasmine brought some of their friends who are in Medical School with them. Cody and Jasmine are some of my very favorite people ever! When we talk about debth to a person Mr. Cody definately comes to mind! Jamine is an absolute angel! I am in love with her optimism on every angle. These two are going somewhere big! I sure love them.



(the Simons and Mikoaj... Mikoaj is the only ym in Lublin and has been his entire life! He is one of 4 in Poland. Right now he serves as the branch translater. I love this kid!)

The Simons came from Warsaw to our party! They are serving a mission here to build the YSA and institute in Poland. I had 3 mothers growing up: Mum (who gave me life), Claudia Hawkins and Dixie Wilson. I lived at Dixie's from the time I was 2 until I moved from Logan when I was 12. Dixie and Sister Simons are cousins... favorite cousins! So I consider the Simons family... I am so happy they are here! They make Poland a great place!



And last but certainly not least, we thank those awesome Elders! They met Andje one day when they were down town working... and then they introduced us to Andje and Ewa and their 3wonderful children. And from there Andje invited some of his friends. And then the missionaries also brought 2 more Americans; Blanca and Andrew from New Mexico. They are here going to medical school in Lublin. Those boys are something else!!!... their mums would be so proud! Look at all the success from them existing in the right place at the right time! :) Thank you Elders Marsing and Basha!!! I hope my boys are missionaries just like you: thick skinned, diligent, faithful, happy, positive and the hardest working men I've ever met! You are most beloved by our family.

4 comments:

Jo Dee said...

Looks like it was a huge success! So glad you had such a fun time.

Merilee said...

Holy crap! That looks like it was so much fun! What a great introduction to the church for so many people! I'm so glad you had an awesome turnout. I wish I could have been there!

Marja Liisa said...

It looks like the party was a hit! I am glad that it was. I ditto Merilee's point about the church...a great missionary moment! PS...Merilee's belly is showing...so cute!

sambonez7 said...

You seriously know how to throw a great party! The people in Poland are forever going to remember the Mecham gathering during this time of the year. I am sure that you will not be out done!

Missing you lots.

Becky H.
XOXO