Saturday, April 4, 2009

This month is such a special one... Happiest of birthdays to all of my boys.

This day marks the 5th anniversary of mortal existence to one most unique and un-ordinary little man... My little Coley Wooley Bear Warnick Mecham.
Nearly 1,825 days ago seems more like yesterday. It was a very typical gestation for my little one... over due and scheduled for induction but went into labor before the hospital called. The nurses didn't believe... again... Oh well. Since papa Nate loathes labor and delivery stories (not that he would know the truth of them 1st hand since he spends those hours in the hall making friends and eating punch and cookies with all the other light headed dads...) I will spare the awesome details of what I thought would be a quick 1/2 hour from uterus to arms which turned into a LOOOOONG labor and a cone-headed baby... (thank you tail bone)
Once Cole had arrived he lay under the warming lights like a spring chick... singing. I always say; He was accompanied by a choir of angels... Never a cry, just singing... with his little hands folded in prayer. I was truly fascinated by this mighty infant who was ready to conquer the world in his own fabulous way from the beginning. For the next several months, Cole sang all the time. I called him my angel baby... the sweetest, most patient little angel ever to lay in my arms. He was toted around by his siblings who were found in his crib next to him EVERY Single Morning. And for Coley, that became is joy... a brother and sister who adored him as much as he craved them.
It is easy to describe Coley but the list is lengthy: hilarious. sound effects. patient. kind. obedient... always obedient. friendly. compassionate. loving. cute. spit-fire! energetic. smart. brave. eager. devoted. true. playful. He is just the right amount of determined without having to always have it his way... my ever angel baby.
The past 5 years have whizzed past like a whirl wind. Each day with Cole is an adventure. Each day a wait on pins and needles anticipating the greatness of the day with my little side-kick. It has been a blessing to have a few years with Cole all to myself for several hours each day. Selfishly I hate the thought of sharing him with the world. I realize that I have some bias-nesses flowing here... However, I wish every mum a child like Cole. He is a joy and delight Every day of my life. And I consider him a reward and blessing for signing up on the motherhood list.
Dearest Cole Bear,
It is an honor to be among those whom you entertain daily. You are a JOY through and through. I want to be the mum that melts your heart like you melt mine. I will be good for you every day like you are for me.
Thank you for choosing our home.
I wish you a life full of people like yourself. This year being the year you get to join your siblings in the world of school, I wish you a teacher who digs you as much as papa and I do and friends that eat you up like your brother and sister do.
This will be a great year... the BEST yet... because you make each day just that... and I love it!
You make my life happy.
You are my angel baby...
I love you,
mom

10 comments:

☂niki. said...

he is so adorable!

happy birthday to him!

Alli said...

becky you are so cute! I love your sweet family so much. Cole is so dang cute i want to eat him up too! You make motherhood look easy and so much fun. Which I am learning that it isn't easy everyday but always fun! I hope to be a mom like you someday. Happy Birthday Cole!

Barbie said...

Have a fun birthday cute boy!

Michelle said...

Jolie has grown very attached to Cole lately as well. She recognizes greatness when she sees it. Hope they are lifelong friends.

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Cole! You are an awesome kid! We love you!

Taylor said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLE

Kathryn said...

Hi Becky!

Cole sounds like a real sweetheart---I would love to have him in my classroom!! My youngest son, Evan, celebrated his 2nd birthday April 5th. Craig and I were comparing pictures/video we took on Sunday to his birthday pics from last year. I wanted to cry--goodness how quickly they grow. My precious baby is becoming a little boy!!

Gail said...

What a great tribute! I just love the way you post:). I just posted about my Carly for her b-day and now I feel like I need to re-do it! " What a lucky boy to have you for a mom. He is adorable, hope he had a happy day!

Blake & Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Cole!!!

Erin Flanagan Woods said...

The post you do on your kids are amazing!