Friday, April 17, 2009

Mission accomplished... reward was mine.


To whomever it was that thought up such an idea as "pay it forward",

You have a genius mind... a giving heart... and a solution to the world's problems... It's called serving another. The reward comes back to the giver far more than the recipient.

To you, my thanks. I had a blast thinking of, preparing and delivering to my lovely friends.

To Kaye, Erin and Kathryn,

I have never enjoyed making jam so much! In fact, from now on, I will always make jam with at least one person in mind who will receive a jar. I even think this batch tasted better! Oh... and the rolls... though I would love to take credit for such piquant delight, the real heroin here is Ms. Katie... Yes Yes... those were Prince Knot rolls!

Kathryn, Your batch is in the mail! So funny... the post lady asked me what I was sending~ You should have seen her face when I told her rolls and jam! I wish I had my apron on... It was soooo Holly hobby! When they arrive, should there be fuzzys on those rolls, I would beseech you to toss them out and just spoon the jam into your mouth! But if your package arrives as planned, you may find yourself in taste bud heaven. I understand from the roll master herself that they are like Krispy Kreme donuts... If you microwave them for 8 seconds they taste fresh from the oven!

Thank you friends... for an opportunity to do something fun. It made me happy all day... and the next!

Hugs,

Becky

7 comments:

Katie said...

I want to trade you some rolls for some of your yummy jam! Wish I would have thought of that sooner!

Barbie said...

Just put my name on your next jar of jam and I will eat it with my fingers while I am walking.

Kathryn said...

Yum! Sounds delish! You are such a sweetheart Becky... I will be looking forward to receiving them and to paying it forward. I'm sure the look on the post lady's face was priceless..yes, too bad you didn't have on the apron--and a little flour sprinkled on your face for added effect. I will let you know when they arrive! (And fuzzys or not--I'm digging in!!)

Hugs to you~

Erin Flanagan Woods said...

HEAVEN! Thank you so much! What a great thing to find on my doorstep. Made my day! The rolls and jam were so good and worth every bite (and calorie ;0)!

You are awesome. Inspired me to get my rear workin' on my pay it forwards.

Kaye said...

BECKY!!! OH my goodness!! Those were incredible!! Jordan said that it was the best desert ever!! It's a good thing that we put off our weigh-in for our biggest loser, it gives me a chance to work them off! The rolls were gone with-in 24 hours and the jam has MAYBE two spoonfuls left!!! Thank you so much for your service! I love you!

Kathryn said...

Dear, dear, Becky...You did a great job of packaging. All I can say is there were no fuzzys whatsoever (thanks USPS!)...We dug in! Everyone loved them! The rolls were wonderful and the jam divine. Now excuse me, while I go to the kitchen to make a snack for my bedside table this evening.(This is low cal, right?)

Suz said...

Yes... low cal! Especially since you shared with everyone!