Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Taxi Driver


Among all of the motherly duties to be done, I think I am going to be best at Taxi driving... After all, I spend all my time in the car. Does everyone feel the same way? Like... this week was so crazy that at red lights I found myself daydreaming about the day that Bailey gets her drivers liscence... and I was picking out which new car I would get when I passed the big family wagon on to her so that she could run some errands and drop some kids off. At one light I woke up to a horn honker and a couple middle fingers coming my way. I guess I was a dreaming a little more than I should have been.

5 things best about taxi driving:

5) watching the price of fuel at the pump go up and up and up.... Because you start considering not only the cost of the event that you are driving your child to, but how much it will cost you to get them there before you decide if it will work in your buget. You know, I like the idea of charging per bag. The airlines have that just about right... Each time somebody gets in my car from now on, I think I will charge them for their purse, swim bag, music bag, bat bag, brief case, wallet, church bag, scripture bag, and for sure each grocery bag. Then I can afford gas!

4) working in a cubical (I've never done it but heard it isn't so much fun) must kinda be like driving your car all day. Except you don't have a chair with wheelies that you can spin around in. However, your cubical is on wheels?!

3) winter taxi vs summer taxi: Winter taxi is just the same thing over and over... drop the kids at school. grocery store. bank. laundry. pick up kids from school. take to sports practice/games. take to music lessons. over and over... Super routine! But summer taxi is a little different! Get in car. burn hand. burn buttocks on the seat (cloth seats have to be better than leather in AZ.) turn on AZ and feel a 10 min blast of heat melting your face... then get to destination turn off car only to return and start that over again before you get to next destination. Plus the car smells like chlorine. Very different from winter taxi. Events are moment to moment rather than routine. Can't decide which one I like more

2) Taxi driving with a car load of kids. Hopefully all of them talking at the same time... and Hopefully there are atleast 10 of them... Just hopefully! For an entire 8 hours until your head is sooo full of fog that you can't figure out how to get the straw in your coke from the cup holder to your mouth.

1) The best thing about taxi driving is that I have a taxi at all! Thanks heaven! Could I imagine doing all of this walking? YIPES!

2 comments:

hapi said...

Hi Suz, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Merilee said...

Well, winter taxi will soon turn into for-reals winter taxi. I hear Poland gets a shiz load of snow. Ahhhhh.... I hope you have a garage in your new place and that you can get chains for your tires.