Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The sun is out!



I can tell its going to be a "waffles for dinner" night at my house... I've fallen into a funk and I can't seem to pull myself out! YIKES!


Some days I feel on top of the world... dashing around, making beds, cleaning bathrooms, ironing shirts... running here and there, eating all good food and looking in the mirror to find a huge smile... Not today! Not yesterday either.


It's called a case of the "terrible horrible no good very bad week". Laundry piles + late dinners + concerts + ball games + past bed times + birthday parties in addition to the regular duties = busy! A.C. out + fixed = soooo good! Chick X2 died = very sad. In babysitting neighbors chickens they heat stroked and died X3 = feel very bad!! ant hills to destroy + YW to concentrate on + walls to paint + Cupboards to finish + Window door to repair + bills to pay + diet to stick to = I haven't yet eaten'... try diet again tomorrow... you have to eat to be on a diet. Visit teaching by the 15th = treats and phone calls + promised prayers and love and concern... call me if you need something! slams by friends. OUCH! closets + garage = a hoarder haven. coupons to cut = stacks of papers.


Time for admission... I'm an emotional drinker. When I'm super happy I think it's fun to drink virgin pina coladas or ice cold Coca Cola. I used to think that when I was super stressed out I ran... because I did... but lately, I drink coke. I seriously only drink coke (not diet) when I'm out of my mind busy or sad. When I close my sleepy eyes today I see brown fizzy bubbles...


Hi. I'm Becky. I'm a coke- aholic! Emotionally drinking soda... Don't tell my Dr. since most of the time I drink boodles of water.


I need Grandma Mecham. She is ultra optimistic! She used to say, "I am thankful that I have a full figure because it means I have plenty to eat." WHAT THE *%&$%*!!!


husband working late = overtime... that's good! Cole's old man, over grown finger nails = can plant a garden under there... I meant to say = make time for grooming my healthy child. Kids giggling with friends = happy heart! dreams of summer around the corner + weeds to pull in my garden = have something to look forward to. healthy family.= blessing. Friends coming to stay while their parents head off to Italy... EXCITING! Mom and Dad living just moments away = cherished. Friends called and then came over to help with ant piles = truly golden. Husband for eternity = treasure.


Something that made me happy that I read (here) has helped me patch myself together a little today... Pink slippers said, "the sun in shining, not outside, but in my heart". I love pink slippers!! There is plenty to make me smile... even under the fizzy bubbles and my laundry "to do" lists... the sun is shining bright... I guess it's not so terrible horrible after all. And I buried that sweet little chicken under the peach tree... Please excuse me while I take my capable body back to work.


This writing session was useful.

3 comments:

Jo Dee said...

It is nice to know that someone who makes it look so effortless struggles sometimes. About the coke...I used to have a best friend named Dr. Pepper until 1 year and 4 months ago I kicked him out of my life forever. It was the hardest but best decision. Good luck with coke...

Pink Slippers said...

I'm honored and humbled to be quoted. Mostly when I am a Mommy who makes lots of mistakes.
Wendy

Unknown said...

Well Beck,
Now that life has slowed down a little and I have time to look at your blog I am so relieved to find that coke is still your friend, I have had approximately 100 ounces today and feel good about it. I miss you, Nate and the kids terribly and can't wait to drink a coke with you (sitting at Bear Lake would be ideal) Love, Jamie