Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's day extension...

Shame upon my head for posting this later.... This is mum and the queen mum (who is mum's mum). It is also foresight into what I will be looking like when I am well into my 60's and then again in my late 80's. (in case you were wondering).
This is me and mum. (also foresight into Bailey's future... what she will look like when she's 30-ish and 60-ish and then 80-delish). We like to keep a good thing going 'round here!
This is me wishing my mum a heart felt Happy Mother's day. After all, she gave me life. And without her willingness to do so, I couldn't have ever declared myself so blessed. There are a bazillion reasons to celebrate my mother... heck, any good mother! But I know mine. Yes, I can think of several things that drive me crazy. They are almost as numerous as the qwerks about me that make my mother looses sleep over at night! And yes... I can count reason to be grateful for every single day that I still have my mum here to grace me with a smile, put me back in place when it is needed and raise me up far more than I deserve. So I hope I NEVER take advantage of another day that I talk to my mum... she was my lifeline to earth. She is the best grandma a kid could ask for. She taught me so many things I can't recall them all. Her heart is as full of gold as her pocket book empty... and I sure love her for it.
Happy Mother's day, mum... I love you!
And this little art work was presented to me as a mother's day delight from Bailey's arms to mine... I was lucky enough to be gifted this same gem twice! Once on Mother's day accompanied with a ginormous hug and smile. And then after Bailey decided I wasn't so great (because our air conditioner went out on Sunday night - did you know that is the mom's fault?) She hastily snatched it back and in most certain terms declared me an awful mother... Which reminded me that I better get my AC unit fixed quickly because Ms. Bailey was most uncomfortable and even though everybody else in the house was celebrating our heat wave and under ware sleeping arrangements, we decided to fix the refrigeration! So... I got it back! And this time with a looooooong letter of apology, oozing with loveness and "never agains". And so it now hangs in my hall way on the art board... reminding me of my only daughters deep love for me!



And this priceless place mat, weaved with hard work and googols of love came from Mr. McKay. And I will enjoy eating upon it every home cooked meal for the rest of mine days... because it made me EXTREMELY HAPPY... (and even in my favorite color, YELLOW! ~ which was placed with that very thought in mind. What man does that?) This beauty was presented so gently and humbly with the kindest words a little man could write... And so I share... because my heart melted like butter on a kitchen counter in a house without A.C...





This, along with breakfast crepes in bed and a thousand "I love yous" and hugs from my cuddle buns, Cole, made for a wonderful day to remember... And the sweet little faces that I wake up to each morning will assuredly remind me that I am a mother... and the amazing example of friends (like those whom I surround myself with) along with my own sisters, mother, mother-in-law and grandma's will remind me of the mother I can be.
Happy Mother's day... extension!


1 comment:

Michelle said...

So glad you had a great mother's day..despite the AC issues and Bailey's fickle mood.. Reminds me of the lovely letters we used to receive from our dear Janet at that age.

Sigh, what can you do but just luv 'em even more?