Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A trip to forever

A few years ago the extraordinary Nate won "employee of the year"! His prize included 2 tickets anywhere in the continental U.S. We tossed around several dream vacations. After all, there is so much to see here in the Land of the FREE.
Meanwhile, Mr. McKay had some dreamy ideas of his own. His eyes twinkled each time he made his wish to visit the Nation's capital. A twinkle recognizable by ANY but felt immensely by his dad and to the core by his mom. His fascinations with the establishment of our freedom, the sacrifice of our forefathers, and the seemingly ancient documents declaring our Independence intrigued McKay so much that he collected all the information he could... whether by book or interview, it was his for the taking. Then he locked it in his clever little mind only to let it escape if sharing the news with others. He never let up on the interest.
Papa Nate couldn't stand it any longer. He cashed in his prize for a treasure... A trip with his buddy... that will last in his memory forever. A trip to D.C.
The day came and the excitement was magical. All of us~ parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles and sweet little Bailey and loving Coley~ could hardly wait for McKay and Nate to indulge in the history of our choice land. They spent 6 delightful days visiting the sites and reading and learning and playing and creating memories.

3 comments:

Katie said...

What an awesome trip! I love that Mckay is so into America's history and seeing the sites! I love all their pictures too!

Barbie said...

Wow, I am so happy that now I can talk to you through your blog. I have missed you so much. Our summer of love is still a strong memory for me. What a great experience for those two cute little boys to travel together. You have been truly blessed, as have I by being your friend. Sorry to be so mushy, but I was just on Mandi Crums blog.

Grandmommy Crum said...

Just thought you might want to know, you were a topic at the dinner table! Alli said "could I love Becky any more, and her kids are the cutest, I love them all so much!" You know how, you just love people who love your kids. Well that is you, my girls know you care about them, the sweet words you give them are so appreciated! Oh how I love the Nate Mecham family!