Sunday, February 10, 2013

A reminder of home. Lucky me!

I vowed that I would blog better because I believe with all my heart that my experiences in life are going to get lost as I go on and forget all the lovely people and the lessons I learned from each of them. As I have thought of it over and over I finally decided to act upon it instead of finding excuses to do it another day.
This is my super cool and funny dad. I miss him.
This is Brother Turner and his lovely wife. I hardly know them but they live in my Selby ward. Today in church I subbed on the oregon for sacrament meeting, thus I was sitting on the stand for the entire meeting. As I looked out over the congregation I saw Brother Turner. To begin with he is a lovely person. He always smiles. And you can tell from looking at him that he is just chuck full of love for his family. But today his two little grand daughters were sitting on his lap and they were blissfully happy... And Brother Turner looked on them like he was the luckiest guy in the whole world. As I watched I thought of three things: (1) Those are some lucky little girls to have a Grandpa to love that loves them. And I gained a respect for him because I know that he earned their love and trust. It was darling and I may or may not have started tearing up a bit. (2) I was reminded of my sweet dad back home who's grands and myself feel the same love and respect for him. And I really missed that old man today and thanked Heavenly Father for his goodness in a silent little prayer right there during somebodie's talk. (3) I started getting a bit giddy and I invisioned my future with Mr. Mecham... I can hardly wait for the day when our wee grands climb all over him because I know he will be this kind of grandpa. I know it because he had this kind of grandpa and his eyes dance to this very day every time he talks about him. So Today I was Thankful for the men in this world who remind me of Heavenly Father's gentle and kind hand and how he loves us so much... And it reminded me how much I love and respect Him.

2 comments:

Aimingforswanlike said...

Lovely post. I have to say that I the same thing happened to me a fortnight ago. I was sat opposite Pam n Dave instead of behind them where we normally sit. I loved to see how kind they were with their Grandchildren. I was particularly touched when they had to ask one of them to stop playing a game on the ipad, the little boy was sad. His Grandad just stroked his back and his Nan stroked his hair to make him feel better. It reminded me how I need to show that increase of love to my children when they're sad. Fab examples are around me in a plenty - Mechams very much included)

Merilee said...

Love this! Grandkids are far off for me but it reminds me how much I loved Grandpa. Jagger sleeps in his room now and I'm pretty sure that he's talking to Gramps when I hear him talking in the monitor. Love it! Love you guys!