Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A few noteworthies

Bailey is an incredible student. She has ALWAYS enjoyed school and learning. I admit, I was a bit offended when on the first day of Kindergarten she couldn't wait, thought it was the coolest thang EVER to be out and about learning in the big leagues and wasn't so keen on me wanting to go to class with her. Never the less, given a chance to fly and she took it! It paid off. This chica LOVES to learn! She is dedicated to doing her homework and completely SELF driven to excel in education! But no thanks to her mother... this child came pre-wired... It was a fun little surprise when Bailey was just doing her homework and a teacher turned in one of her poems which was published. Bailey claims that everyone in England has their work published and so it isn't anything special. But I think its cool! And I think she should feel a bit special because somebody liked her homework assignment enough to publish it. Good job Bailey buns! You ROCK!! Cole came home with a black eye today. He and a friend had a bit of a collision on the playground. Actually my first thought wasn't "OH NO! Are you okay COLE?" bur rather, "That poor son of a gun who hit that hard head of yours." I wonder what his head looks like. Anyone who knows Cole also knows that he has a pain tollerance that is unearthly and also a marbel head. My fav part was the little conversation on the way home. Cole: "I've never damaged this side of my head before". Becky: "what are you talking about?" Cole: "I have finally damaged my good side" Becky: "is there a bad side?" Cole: "no. Actually all my sides are good sides." right. okay then. I never want to forget the snow situation in England... Because it is commidy to me. I lived in Logan, UT for many years: 12 before I moved to AZ and then another 4 in college and married life to be exact! It knows how to snow in northern UT. NOTHING shuts down. The busses freeze over but still school goes on. Snow drifts can be feet high and traffic flows like normal. Kids are out playing like it was still summer but they have 19 layers on. One year our water pipes froze and many times we had to leave a drip of water on so that wouldn't happen again. Basically the snow plows are busy. My favorite snow memory was at Bear Lake when the family went to the cabin and we had to snow machine to the front door because the road in was too deep. Then dad pulled out the snow blower and dug out the drive way so we could pull the cars in. I know snow. I lived most of my life in AZ but I know snow!!! I love snow! England snow. One day the ground was completely covered. It appeared to be a WONDERLAND! The site of it seemed to promise hours of sledding and families of snowmen in the yard. The boys could hardly wait to finally take the tags off their snow pants and break in the moonboots... But by the next afternoon the lawn looked as green as a mid summer day! I could not believe my eyes! Only one day earlier the town shut down like the blizzard of the century had gone through it! That is what makes me laugh... a tiney bit of snow will shut down the town, close the school and cause small amounts of panick. I finally figured it all out today though... What makes snowy roads so bearable in Utah is that they are plowed all day long. You don't find many roads that aren't clear. Here you don't find roads that are clear. So they are slick! Super slick! No wonder... Gotta love a good English snowstorm. And the winner of the "awkward award" goes to me for my text to the bishop. Bishop McNee is our bishop. His name is Nathan. Nathan McNee. You can imagine that in my contacts list on the phone Nathan McNee is very close to Nathan Mecham. In a text for Nathan Mecham that started, "hey hot hubs" (which is a joke since I hate the word, "HUBS") I got a response back from Nathan McNee. Legend.

1 comment:

Merilee said...

Blahhahahahahahah! Your bishop! That's priceless. Love that Bailey got published!! That's super cool. Poor Coley - However, that's the funniest response I have ever read.

I'll trade you England snow for Utah smog any day of the week. Miss you guys!