Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The past year has been unique for me. Mostly because the previous 10 were spent with Sunday dinners at mom and dad's, I was within minutes of their house, I called mum any time I wanted to go to lunch, She was endlessly supportive in helping me with my children. She is a listening ear, a good laugh, a great friend and a killer mom! When I was home during the holidays I was having an exceptionally difficult time. Mom and Dad were well versed in all of it. They mostly listened, gave council when they felt most inspired and supported me, prayed for me and loved me through all of it. I will never forget. One day mom went visit teaching, as she so faithfully does each month, and later that day she shared with me the message... which I know she knew was for me. I will forever be greatful for her wisdom and council and for endlessly inspired words and teaching moments. This past year she taught me that I will never be too old to want to crawl into her arms for council. I will still cry on her shoulder and she will still calm me down. I learned that a mother's work is truely never done. As I look back on the blessed year I have had I recall the difficulty of moving; both physically and mentally and Mom was tirelessly by my side. I recall the painful goodbye as she and dad quietly wept at the air port... And my gut which told me I was doing the right thing but my heart begging me to stay in my comfort zone. I recall many phone calls, e-mails, packages and support beyond words that came from not only my mum and dad, but my mother and father-in-law. I recall many prayers of gratitude to a kind and loving Father in Heaven for such people in my life. I am thankful to be eternally tied to these people. I think of difficult moments in mothering homesick children and what would my own mother do. I remember happy weekend trips. I see Heavenly Father's vision and love for people globally... even when they don't choose to do the right thing. I have seen many things in travel; The rolling hills of Poland seem to never end. The historical museums, castels and monuments are breathtaking. The cathedrals are posh. The food is tastey. There is no word to describe the majesty of the great deep or the enormous seas... the softness of the powder white sand on the Baltic, or the relief of an airplane landing safely at destination after 24+ hours of travel. The birds all over the world are a constant reminder of God's creativity. I have loved slowing down my car for the occasional hedgehog to cross, the red fox to quickly pass by and even to call my boys from poking the dead badger on the river banks. Words can not portray the beauty of the vintage city, Prague nor the green colors in Germany. The golden flowered hills of spring make me think I have arrived on the other side... The money in London, England seems to have an endless account with its royal castel standing at the heart... and yet through all of the beauty that mine eyes have beheld, not a single thing stands to more deeply touch my heart than the very love I have for my sweet mother. Happy Mother's day to the best mum in the world... and to the mother of my sweet husband, who has touched my life in countless ways. Together these women have changed my life. I sure love you.

No comments: