Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dear Mr. Obama, Sir...

Dear Mr. Obama, sir:

Recently I have been called names by those who like you, as if to make me feel insecure and speechless for not sharing their same ideas. Surely you have empathy for that, since you are called names every day. As for me, however, name calling and insulting fuels my fire. I hope my children will have the same passion for standing up in their beliefs as I do... and even more, it is my hope and prayer that they will have the freedom to do so. I don't wish to insult your intelligence by name calling because I see it pointless. Further, my parents instilled in me an image of divinity and dignity that I think is desecrated by name calling. Because of that, I assure you that if my opinion remains only mine than I am still willing to stand alone. I'm sure that you and I do share something in common; our determination to fight for what we believe... even in the face of those who call names.
However, I do passionately disagree with you on nearly every subject. Some of the HOT ones for me are addressed below.
Sir, your view on abortion is un-American.
If we all (do indeed) have the right to liberty in this country than how is it that you wish to make it legal for anyone to take that same right of freedom from those who are just too little to claim theirs? Surely you understand that it is not taking rights from that child's mother since she did make choices which ended in pregnancy. Every choice has a consequence. Conception isn't commonly immaculate. I know of only once that being the case. Therefore, if one chooses to be involved in sexual activity, then she must also consider herself an avenue for children to enter this world. Whether or not she keeps that child is a completely different story.

Education
Glad to hear that everyone deserves an education. We sure do. However NOTHING comes without a price. We live in the land of the Free not the land where everything is free. Recently I have come to understand that you will be making a speech to all the children in all the schools around the entire nation on Tuesday, Sept 8. (parents do not have to be notified) In that speech you will be instilling a belief that it is our children's "responsibility" to make sure that everyone gets the same education. In my book that is nonsense. I understand other Presidents have done this same thing... Not really. Other presidents educated our children with values like "say no to drugs". Education has a price, sir... and though I do think that it is noble that you would like everyone to be able to have the right to get an education, I disagree that you would tell my child that it is his/her "responsibility" to make sure that everyone gets it. Further, here in Arizona I have seen the effects of everyone getting the same education. The idea that even the little guy gets to learn is NOT only what happens... because those who are understanding quicker are also being held back! Education for all... yes! It already exists. The way you go about it? Absolutely NO! And it IS NOT my child's responsibility to make sure that everyone gets an education. It is his responsibility and right to get his own. This is America, not communist China.

Health care
Boy howdy! SOAP BOX!!! All it will take for one to know that this is not a good idea is for him to visit a country where this kind of health care is offered. Or possibley, educating himself by reading it, not listening to the news!!! Wasn't the constitution written to give more rights to the people which limited the Government from deciding all of this? Really! You have read it... right? Government doesn't belong in making decisions about my health care. Neither does the insurance company that I pay a truck load of money to each month. (but I shall take that up with them)

Going green
Please don't insult my intelligence. The president of the United States does not decide if there is going to be a hurricane that will wipe out a God forbidden town. Sorry. Go green! For years I myself have tried to limit the trash output in my home. My husband uses public transportation or walks to work. We don't believe in overuse of water, electricity or gas, etc and so on. I don't illegally dump. All of this just because I love the earth I live upon. I certainly don't do it for you. I do think that if everyone used the brain they were given, we might have less pollution and even a possibly (if done for hundreds of years) less global warming. But you realize that the "Republicans" didn't create global warming. That is comical! And this problem can not be corrected by over charging me for electricity! haha... Are you going to over charge the Chinese for dumping filth into their rivers and polluting water sources? That is just silly. Go green if you'd like. Make it a personal decision. God, though you might choose to not credit him, is going to let devastation rip through this country and it isn't because I turned on my dryer 16 time today. Go to church.

Marriage for Gay/Lesbian couples
I have to agree with Pasture Rick Warren who said what I think perfectly. It is a definition, not a civil right. "For 5,000 years, marriage has been defined by every single culture and every single religion – this is not a Christian issue. Buddhist, Muslims, Jews – historically, marriage is a man and a woman. And the reason I supported Proposition 8, is really a free speech issue. Because first the court overrode the will of the people, but second there were all kinds of threats that if that did not pass then any pastor could be considered doing hate speech if he shared his views that he didn’t think homosexuality was the most natural way for relationships, and that would be hate speech. We should have freedom of speech, ok? And you should be able to have freedom of speech to make your position and I should be able to have freedom of speech to make my position, and can’t we do this in a civil way. I’m opposed to redefinition of a 5,000 year definition of marriage. I’m opposed to having a brother and sister being together and calling that marriage. I’m opposed to an older guy marrying a child and calling that marriage. I’m opposed to one guy having multiple wives and calling that marriage. " Gay people have the right to live and love... please don't start re-defining words... It will confuse all the other people who want to marry their goat... and then what will we call it?

These are only a small few of my issues with you. It has been noted already that I am "uneducated". And yes sir, I am most uneducated if that means that I don't agree with you. If instead of addressing issues you and your kind call names then it only furthers my thoughts that I am right! I choose to educate myself on the issues which I am most passionate about. I am comfortable admitting that my foundation and beliefs involve God, the Almighty. I educate myself upon his word frequently. Some may view it weak... but when the tempests rise, he doesn't seem too weak. I for one don't only believe your views are un-American (if you use the constitution as your guide) I also find you offensive to religion. I don't trust you. I believe that you lead secret combinations and have too much control allowing you to be most deceitful in a very crafty way. I sure hope that others wont fall into the trap of "studies show" and "scientists have proven" or "the educated believe" etc. and actually go to those studies and proven facts and educate themselves on what is happening with the change that you promised us.

Good day... Mr. Obama Sir,
Becky Mecham

3 comments:

Barbie said...

Holy Moly. You rock! Call me!!!!

Michelle said...

Only one thing to say.... AMEN!!!!

Gail said...

I wish Obama was actually going to read this! My favorite line is, "It will confuse all the other people who want to marry their goat". SO FUNNY and so TRUE! I know I've said it before but I love the way you say things:).