Friday, July 10, 2009

Wish we all could be Californians....

There just can't be enough to say about a celebration of our Independence on the beach in California... It goes like this:
You leave the Sonora Desert and excruciating temperatures and a few short hours later arrive into a climate of lush vegetation and a cool ocean breeze.


The Dillards invited us to join them for a trip to San Diego. Boy howdy... we've never been invited to vacation with anyone before! Very exciting indeed! And not only did they treat us to a weekend of great food, entertainment and a cozy little home, but they made it a July 4th for the books! Our gratitude to you for a seriously amazingly fun trip! You guys are a blast! So... I'm marking my calendar for next year. Surely you want to vacation with us again! I mean, whats not fun about waiting on us hand and foot! :)
We layed on the beach for two days. LAYED and PLAYED!! And that cool breeze and soft sand between the toes was dreamy! And then we ate and played and layed around some more. And if it had to be summed up into one word I would choose RELAX! Relax in its truest form... as in, brain hopped off the hamster wheel for a whole week end!
On Sunday we visited the ever beautiful San Diego temple. And yes... it is most amazing how it appears out of nowhere off the freeway. Love that place! And then we went to Sea Port Village... just before we came home.
It really did stink to have to leave that place. When we pulled into Yuma for a gas and a water break I stepped out of my air conditioned automobile into a furnace! My sunburn began to sting worse than it did the day I got it! YIKES!!! And I was this close (-) to turning that Honda around and going right back to that luscious climate and incredible company (who stayed 2 extra days for a Sea World extravaganza!... Party animals!)
On my way home I actually said to the pilot of my vehicle, "sir, I feel like I could conquer the world tomorrow. This vacation rejuvenated me to the soul". And he concurred.
I wished we all could be Californians...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

lucky you! Glad you all had a fabulous time. Great pics!!!

Jo Dee said...

We couldn't have had better company. Please do mark your calender for next year!!!