Friday, December 11, 2009

My heart grew fonder...

Mr. Mecham has been out of town. He had some business to care for. He totally lucked out having it be in his home state which was a winter wonderland while he was there! We, at home, were jealous until he announced that it was "5"... as in 5 degrees F! Yikes! Actually, we were still jealous... Considering that we scored mightily in the "in-law" and cousin detail there.
It has been said that absence makes the heart grow fonder. Indeed it does!
My typical morning starts with Mr. Mecham doing something extraordinarily kind for me... take your pick of services... and then he heads off to work. He works a hard day ~ always making me proud to claim him! Then home he comes, tripping over himself to get here as soon as possible. And wouldn't you know, after the welcome home smooch he rolls up his sleeves and asks, "what can I do?" To be real honest, the hour he arrives home isn't always the funnest hour of the day. We lovingly refer to it as "happy hour"... dinner to finish up while kids are wining with hungry bellies... homework help is always needed... the afternoon whirlwind has displaced nearly every possession we own, and I look like a just ran a 10K in my apron. It is tricky at best! But papa comes to the rescue making life seem better. I begin my evening rant and Mr. Mecham smiles and nods until a laugh can be fit in without offense. He is just dreamy! Really... he is.
This is something I've always been grateful for... but today I'm more thankful than I was a week ago... because when it was gone I realized how much I craved it. And to set the record straight... I don't know if I could live a whole life without it. Because in his absence... my little heart not only grew more thankful, it also became fonder of such a guy.
Now... if you'll excuse me, he just walked in from the nightly grocery store run and I want to hear all about his trip, etc... My fond lil' heart can't wait!

No comments: