Thursday, November 19, 2009

Busy as a beaver

I swear that every time somebody comes to visit there is laundry on my couch. No kidding! And even sometimes those visitors are scheduled visits. Like one of the gajillion times when my visiting teachers (who remain the cleanest people on the planet) came over and had to push underwares aside to find a place to put their buns.... that was awesome! Or another time when they came over and I was getting dressed so the kids let them in to sit on the cushionless couches; just springs and linen. That was even more spectacular! My all time favorites are when a visitor from far off lands is just passing through town so he comes to visit ~ unexpected... but still most welcomed ~ right into my seriously disastrous house! Scary!!! To think that they only see me once in years and they have to remember that my trashed house was their welcome post... YEE HAW! I shutter at those events.
My advise to anyone who doesn't believe that my house is ever clean... I invite you to visit at 11:00 p.m.... right after Mr. Mecham has finished up the dinner dishes and cleaned my kitchen and I have finally put the last of the laundry away! Somewhere between 11 p.m and 8:00 a.m. the messy fairy whirls through my house leaving loads of dishes and piles of laundry. Go figure?! I swear the messy fairy is more alive than Santa Clause. Don't test my truth... it's not worth it!
But today I have been busy as a beaver... and so if you come over in the next 25 minutes you will see a clean house! In the middle of the day, no less. And you might believe that I do something besides sit around reading books. (which is what I want to do!) Just don't expect me to be ready for the day... because I'm not! And my goal now is to get in the shower and make up on before Mi Amore gets home. Wish me luck!

No comments: